I finished my latest project… finally! I am slightly annoyed with myself, as I had intended on making these socks about 2″ taller than I did… but I got bored. Perhaps I should work on some top-down socks next time – you have to continue stitching the foot until it fits… can’t convince yourself to end early because then you won’t be able to wear them! Ha ha. Oh well.
I am fairly pleased with how they turned out, although I’ll be interested to see how they fit on the other side of birth. They’re a little snug in the ankle right now, but I’m also mild to moderately swollen on any given day. So we’ll see how it goes. Anyway, I really loved knitting these up. I used Patons Stretch Sock yarn (cotton, wool, elastic and nylon blend) in “Sugar”, and even though others have claimed tensioning issues, I didn’t really have any. I haven’t washed them yet, and so they’re not as soft as they could be, but we’ll see how they wash up.