A list of everything that hurts after playing Wii Fit for 1 hour yesterday:
- My abs. Seriously. They’re the most sore. Mostly the ones right on the front, but the side ones are kind of tender as well.
- My quads – you know, the front of my thighs? Mostly sore just when going to stand up or going to sit down. Just walking around doesn’t hurt.
- My left arm. Apparently, it’s much weaker than the other arm, so it hurts more than my right arm does. Perhaps the pushup/plank combo was a little much to start?
- Last night my whole back was sore, but it is just peachy keen this morning. So I’m not really counting it as sore.
Things I’m really happy about Wii Fit:
- It takes my weight and tells me my BMI. Although I wasn’t happy to see that I’m still “overweight” (by about .8 points), I was pleased that I magically dropped 5 pounds over the past 2 weeks (it was more before I put the carpet extenders on the balance board. I was all “only 160 lbs? SWEET!!!” and then the machine was all “hmmm… you seem to be 7lbs heavier this time!” Oh well).
- You get to make and track for goals… all without trying to do anything. Although my goal of losing 5 lbs over the next month just jumped to losing 9 pounds – you pick a goal weight, not an amount to lose. So when we put on the carpet feet, and I now weigh more according to the balance board, my goal changed. Oh well, I get to see how I’m doing with my goal in two weeks and I can change it then.
- It has Sun Salutations in the Yoga portion. I loooove Sun Salutations, although this is only a fraction of the ones I learned in Yoga class. But still, so happy! I just hope that I will get to unlock the downward dog, because that is the best ever!
- I totally rock the Yoga portion, and Rob hasn’t been able to beat my high scores yet! Hee!
- I also rock the Hula Hoop portion, and unlocked the Super Hula Hoop game last night. Yay! I think on the SHH game I got 823 spins? Yeah, I think I’m pretty awesome, too 😆 Although I fully suck at some of the other ones, like some of the strength training exercises. So it all evens out. Oh, and the balance games. I suck at those (except the ski jump – I learned the trick!).
I’m so happy that I ran out to buy this yesterday. It has been so much fun! And my Mii is super adorable!!! Anyway, Baby needs me! Adios!