At the end of a blog tour, I never know quite what to say, or what to blog about next. So here’s an “updater” kind of post.
- We put the shelves up in Kitten’s room tonight. It was a major struggle, so if you’re thinking of putting up the Ikea Lack shelves, just be aware that if you are doing it with your spouse, some minor disagreements might arise. Chances are, you’ll be ok, though. I’m very excited to have them up, as it means getting the baby monitor and the CD player off the floor. Yay! Now we just have to order the rest of the stuff for our nursery and we can call in done.
- Kitten hates the sound of the electric screwdriver. It’s really not all that noisy, but I suppose that it was a foreign sound, and possibly somewhat scary. She was a little tired and grumpy at the time, which may have had something to do with it as well.
- We are going to the waterpark tomorrow with our friends from church. It’s her last week on maternity leave (she’s going back early), and it’s kind of our last week day together. Well, that’s not entirely true – she will be working shift work, so some of the time she’ll be home during the day, but I think she’ll want to spend that time with her husband, which is fine with me! I’m sad that she’s going back, but I’m excited for her, as she’s looking forward to it. I couldn’t imagine going back to work in 3 months. That would make me so sad.
- Kitten really wiggles around on the floor now. I think one of my major purchases for February will be a baby gate. I was hoping to put it off a little longer, but I imagine that in the next couple of weeks she’ll be army-crawling across the floor to get what she wants!
- I’ve actually made time to read this week, and I’m almost done For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison (I keep writing Rachel Caine. Apparently I have her on my mind… which means that I’m hoping that her next book comes out soon! Gale Force isn’t coming out until late summer, it appears… boo!). So far it’s a pretty solid read, but much darker than it has been before – you’re right, Hanna. I still like it, though! I’m glad that I picked it up.
- After I’m done the Kim Harrison book, I’ll be reading The Shadow and Night by Chris Walley for our CSFF Blog tour (for those of you who don’t know, it stands for Christian Science-Fiction and Fantasy Blog Tour – we all read a specific book then talk about it for three days). Sadly, I’m not looking forward to it because the cover is ugly, and it’s a pretty big book. I’ll get through it, though!
- For my flylady.net stuff today, I cleaned my bathtub and tiles, the shampoo bottles in my shower (they had that soap scum build up on them, grody!), washed the fabric shower curtain, and replaced the old yucky plastic one. So I’ve been pretty productive, if you ask me.
- My sister is thisclose to having her baby. I hope the little sweetie comes soon, I remember all too keenly what it was like waiting out that last few weeks.
That’s all that I’ve got.