Friday’s the last day in our Flylady.net Kitchen Zone Cleaning, so I thought that I would share with you a few of my favourite kitchen things. In no particular order…
- I love my Norwex Enviro Cloth because it cleans my stainless steel appliances without any goopy yucky chemicals. It takes me all of 5 seconds to clean them up to a shine, which is going to be very helpful once Kitten starts to touch everything.
- Worchestershire sauce. It’s in my kitchen, and I love it, so it makes the list. I used it in our Shepherd’s Pie last night, and it made it so much better! I want to add it to nearly any beef recipe, but I know that’s a little overkill.
- My gas range. I once dated a former chef, and he went on and on and on about the benefits of a gas range, and that really stuck with me. So when we picked out our appliances, I put it on my “had to have” list. I do love it very much! It’s so fast and easy, and no annoying burner drip pans to clean! Plus, it’s virtually indestructible!
- My pantry. It’s so neat and clean, and both Rob & I can stand inside it and shut the door. I lurve it. One thing that I don’t regret is getting it with a solid door, rather than the glass insert. While I try to keep it pretty clean and tidy, there are times when I wouldn’t want anyone to be able to see inside there! Yikes! It’s also harder to play Hide & Seek in there with my nephew if the door was glass. I also love my pantry because it’s where I tend to hide chocolate from Rob. Mmm… chocolate.
- Betty Crocker Instant Mashed Potatoes. I know. They’re powdered, but they taste so good, and if you make them with less water than they say, the texture is pretty close to real mashed taters. I also like their scalloped potatoes, and I’m glad that I decided to give them a try! We never ate potatoes before because I’m far too lazy to peel, boil, and mash real potatoes, so there you go.
- Leftovers in the freezer. Because I’m cooking (almost) every day, we always have leftovers, which means a nice and yummy hot lunch for me. It makes me so happy to be able to pull a meal out and enjoy it. I definitely still have popcorn lunch days, but mostly, it’s food from the night before (or the week before, depending on what I feel like!)
- My Life’s On Fire: Cooking For the Rushed cook book with grocery lists. I can’t believe that we lived without this book for so long. I absolutely LOVE cooking out of this book! I may be a little slow, but I do find that the dinner’s take a little bit longer than the book actually says, but maybe it’s because it’s the first time that I’ve made everything. It’s possible that once I go through it a second time that I get faster. I also think that I need a new chef’s knife, as the one I’m using is getting duller and duller and harder to chop with.